I've just added The Beirut CD Gulag Orkestar to my music playlist down on the left-hand side. It's an absolutely stunning piece of music. The most exciting thing I've heard in years and every time I play it in the shop at least one person wants the details.
The first time I heard it I was stuck in the shop(there's a novelty). I was too impatient to wait and so I downloaded it legally using my Napster account. Thing was; the last 3 tracks didn't take, and so I contacted Napster.
This is their reply...
Thanks for contacting Napster Support.
Please follow the steps below if your Portable Device is giving you any errors when transferring tracks. These steps will go through and upgrade the components that handle transferring tracks.
--- Patching Windows Media Player ---
1. Open up a web browser and cut and paste the following into your browsers address bar: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=73C2650F-BE61-4BD6-840-1FD6E7827CD8&displaylang=en
2. Download and run the file linked there
3. Visit http://www.microsoft.com
4. Search for 9344 in the search field at the top of the page. Click on the first link that comes up and it will bring you to a page that has the patch.
5. Scroll down the page that comes up and download the patch and install it. Follow through the instructions to finish out.
6. Next, point your browser at http://www.napster.com/techsupport/
7. Click on DT0808---->Click Run---->then follow through prompts to reset your DRM and individualize your Windows Media Player.
8. Restart Your Computer.
9. Open Napster and give transferring tracks a go, it should work this time. If not please continue the steps below.
If they do not transfer please send us an e-mail with the following information:
1. The type of player (Model, Capacity, Firmware).
2. Your operating system and version of Windows Media Player.
A. Right click on My Computer and press Properties. This will tell you your version of Windows.
B. In WMP, go into the Help Menu then press About. You will find your version of WMP here.
3. Any associated error messages and when it errors out during transfer if there is a pattern. (50%, 99%, 100%, etc)
When responding on this issue, please reply with email history or copy the entire body of this email and paste it into your reply, to insure that all information is retained. Not providing the email history could delay our response time.
Thanks for using Napster!
Errrr, I went to Virgin and bought a copy.